Interested in non-mainstream art and social activism? If yes the NoN Expo is for you!
The NoN Expo is a great opportunity for D.I.Y. artists & supporters to learn more about producing a grassroots festival, including general event coordination, public outreach & artist hospitality, and guerilla A/V tech work.
Volunteers will be needed daily between Oct. 16 - 31 from 11am - 9pm.
All events will be held in downtown Edmonton (see Venues page for details).
- pre-festival art preparation & installation (Oct. 13 - 16)
- pre-festival and on-site public outreach (tabling & poster distribution)
- front-of-house attendants, ushers and tech assistants at award-winning film screenings (Oct. 16 - 30)
- front-of-house attendants at Art Exhibits (Oct. 16 - 31)
- set-up & attendants for the Silent Art Auction & Food Security/Fair Trade Fair (Oct. 16)
- set-up & attendants for the Small Press & Maga/Zine Fair (Oct. 23)
- hospitality (preparation and serving food/beverage) on Oct. 16, 23, 26 and 30th
- social media/publicity
- drivers/runners (misc. days/hours)
- and miscellaneous other on-site duties
Let us know what interests you and we'll try to tailor our needs to fit with your strengths and/or limitations.
Please include some info about what role(s) you'd like to perform, your available days/hours, your phone number (important!), and the best time to contact you.
The NoN Expo is child/caregiver-friendly and volunteers' kids are welcome on-site.
Thanks for volunteering!